Tonight at dinner, Jacob pulled his eyes back and stretched them into tiny slits. It brought back many memories of elementary school, middle school, and even a few times in high school when a random kid would taunt me, call me names, and make fun of me for being asian (they usually just said, "Chinese"). We asked Jacob what he was doing, and he said, "Max and me played this. We do this when we're playing. We're making faces." I asked him (fully ready to explain why this was so awful) who they were pretending to be, waiting for him to say Chinese (he's mentioned Chinese people a couple of times, so I know it's come up).
Instead, he said, "Girls!" We asked, "Doing that makes you look like girls?" (Very surprised.) Jacob smiled and said yes.
Welcome!
Please comment (it makes me feel cool) on blogs or photos, or just say hello! I really like comments -- it's the only way I know someone's reading this!
You can subscribe on the left to have emails sent to you when new posts are added.
Thanks for stopping by!
You can subscribe on the left to have emails sent to you when new posts are added.
Thanks for stopping by!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment