Welcome!

Please comment (it makes me feel cool) on blogs or photos, or just say hello! I really like comments -- it's the only way I know someone's reading this!

You can subscribe on the left to have emails sent to you when new posts are added.

Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Greentree Parade!

The Greentree Festival has a special place in my heart... It used to be a yearly tradition. We'd go both weekends, sometimes both days on both weekends. There are games to play and win prizes, local vendors sell their delicious treats, students raise money for clubs, and there's a HUGE book sale. It's a great time all around. I stopped going once I started college, because it just wasn't feasible to come home again so soon after leaving.

But this year, I was able to share it with my family!

Here's Jacob at the start of the parade. Benjamin isn't in many of these photos because he was pretty much doing the same thing the entire time:
Jacob and Poppa.
One of the best parts of the parade --- candy!
We told him there wouldn't be tractors, but we were wrong. There might have been three or so.
Go Kirkwood Pioneers! We have the bell! (For now, anyway...)
Cheerleaders for Jacob.
And the super fun marching band.
Jacob said, "Hey, Mom! There IS a monster truck! You said there wouldn't be!!!"
Seconds before this photo, I jokingly said, "They're going to shoot us!" and they immediately fired shots.

How many times did I hear this chanted at games?

Good old Kirkwood United Methodist!!! And the pastor on the back playing the drums... he married us almost 7 years ago. This was ... interesting.
The poor pooper scoopers.

Even the gas station attendants got into the parade.

And a segway square dance!
Jacob was happy with the bubble truck!
The older gentleman next to Jacob was so sweet and helped him collect candy.
Kirkwood Hockey!!!

Kirkwood isn't Kirkwood without Franklin McCallie!


He's still the same, even 11 years later.
National Supreme Royalty. Huh.
The best elementary school ever.
And this? I don't think they're very selective about entrants in the parade.





No comments: