Welcome!

Please comment (it makes me feel cool) on blogs or photos, or just say hello! I really like comments -- it's the only way I know someone's reading this!

You can subscribe on the left to have emails sent to you when new posts are added.

Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, September 20, 2008

The Big Day: Part One (Jacob's Birthday)

Because we had a big day yesterday and because Jacob didn't get a nap and went to bed late, we told Jacob he had to sleep until 9 o'clock this morning. He woke up at 7 and was NOT happy. Auntie Anne took pity on his complaints and went in to spend the early hours with him. When I got up at 9, I found her like this:
My parents brought some delicious breakfast for Jacob - cinnamon rolls from their hotel. They brought TWO. I was making oatmeal for Jacob when they got here. We asked him to share some with Anne. This is what he offered: (Keep in mind that Anne's hands are only about five inches long.)
Jacob enjoying his cinnamon rolls. Both of them.
Jacob opening his first birthday present of the day.
A fishing pole!!!
Senor Jacobo after eating the chocolate off of one of the Dove chocolate bars.
Fishing with Poppa.
He didn't catch anything, but it's still fun! And I think this is proof that 64 is NOT elderly. I don't think 65 is, either.

Doing it on his own. (With four adults nearby.)


No comments: