Welcome!

Please comment (it makes me feel cool) on blogs or photos, or just say hello! I really like comments -- it's the only way I know someone's reading this!

You can subscribe on the left to have emails sent to you when new posts are added.

Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, April 26, 2010

Short Tempers

When he got home from school, Jacob said he was going to be a Yes Kid. (Yesterday he overheard the term "yes man" and wanted to know what it meant.) Greg asked what he meant, and Jacob said he was going to do whatever we told him to do.

Fast forward about 45 minutes, and Jacob's sitting in time out crying because he took a card away from Benjamin and wouldn't give it back right away.

Greg: I thought you were going to be a Yes Kid.

Jacob: Well, I was thinking about starting that tomorrow....

***********************

Benjamin gets frustrated easily. He was mad at his trains because they weren't sticking together (the magnets confuse him sometimes). So, he threw a piece across the room.

Me: Benjamin, no. We don't throw trains.

He threw another.

Me: Benjamin! No! We do not throw trains.

He threw another.

Me: Benjamin!

Benjamin held another piece in the air.

Me: Benjamin, if you throw that piece, I will take away your trains.

Benjamin slid the train across the floor with force. But technically, it did not ever go into the air, so he did not throw it.

No comments: