Welcome!

Please comment (it makes me feel cool) on blogs or photos, or just say hello! I really like comments -- it's the only way I know someone's reading this!

You can subscribe on the left to have emails sent to you when new posts are added.

Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Overheard: Trains

Jacob and Benjamin have been playing together all morning. It started around 7:30 this morning in their room. Jacob had been given strict orders to stay in bed until 8:30, but Benjamin woke up earlier. Instead of crying, Benjamin started talking. So he and Jacob were in there talking, goofing around, and throwing pacifiers and stuffed animals.

After finishing breakfast, they played Super Savers, wooden blocks, trucks, and now trains. Playing anything that requires patience doesn't usually work when Benjamin is involved. He usually destroys whatever you're assembling before you have a chance to finish. So, blocks? Benjamin kept knocking them over. Trains? He takes Jacob's train cars and pulls up the track.


Jake: Benjamin! Look, I'm not upset with you. I just want to put my trains in order. So can you just relax?

It worked for a couple of minutes.

As I typed this out, Benjamin got in the middle of the track circle and pulled the entire thing apart.

Poor Jacob.

No comments: