Welcome!

Please comment (it makes me feel cool) on blogs or photos, or just say hello! I really like comments -- it's the only way I know someone's reading this!

You can subscribe on the left to have emails sent to you when new posts are added.

Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Cake Party!

Back when Jacob turned one, I was part of a breastfeeding group and we had a cake party for all TEN babies when most of them were about to turn 1 (Jacob was 11 months old). It was so much fun, so we invited Tonya and Sindi from my work to bring their little ones to another cake party. Vuyo is a 3 weeks older than Benjamin and Logan is 1 day younger than Benjamin, so it worked out pretty well.

Tonya and Logan were the first to arrive, so Benjamin and Logan got in some play time. Here's the mandatory "posing for the parents" photo.
They took some time to entertain us with a moving piano duet.
They drove cars and rocket ships around.
Here's Logan looking precious.
Jacob showing off his Power Ranger.
Tonya showing Benjamin how to use her camera.
Logan. Don't let the cherubic expression fool you. This boy is a terror to cats. He likes to walk up quietly and then SCREAM or SCREECH at the poor cat. (It's very funny.)
Vuyo! This kid is loud. He runs around doing happy yells. We thought Benjamin was loud, but he is a timid, quiet mouse in comparison. Also note that all three babies, plus Jacob, had on plaid. 
And... here's the cake. 
Approaching the cake.
A tiny taste.
I thought Benjamin would dive in head first, but he was pretty apprehensive. I think all of the babies were pretty tired, so they were all somewhat reserved. 


I've never had frosting between my toes before. I am guessing I wouldn't like it, but Vuyo didn't seem to mind. 
Laughing at the mess.
And looking beautiful and serious.
The next four were stolen from Tonya's camera...


Logan was the only willing willing to dig in! We were a little disappointed that Benjamin didn't go at it with his usual gusto, but he was really tired. 
Jacob enjoyed watching, but didn't want to join in.
Logan waiting for bubbles that never came. It's hard being a baby, I mean, big kid.
Jacob modeling the latest birthday fashions. He actually tried to bring it in style here.
Tired boy.
Moments later, ready for mischief!
Looking crazily wide awake while both parents were VERY sleepy.
Trying to throw his pacifier behind the couch, and a block by Dad. He thinks this is funny.
Benjamin's preferred way to exit the couch.
We had a fabulous time with Logan, Vuyo, and their families. 

No comments: