Welcome!

Please comment (it makes me feel cool) on blogs or photos, or just say hello! I really like comments -- it's the only way I know someone's reading this!

You can subscribe on the left to have emails sent to you when new posts are added.

Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Jacob's New Grill and Benjamin's Nose

So, Jacob, lucky boy, had a massive cavity in his tooth. Most kids his age don't have this problem, because they have space between their teeth. Not Jake. Yesterday we went to the pediatric dentist, who removed part of the pulp of his tooth and added a crown to protect it. A shiny, silver-colored crown.

The visit started with the dental assistant asking Jacob, "How are you doing?" He responded, "Fine, thank you. How are you doing?" I was SO PROUD of him! She was pretty tickled. They wouldn't let me sit with him during the actual procedure, but the dental assistant told me once they started him on the laughing gas, her turned into a Chatty Cathy. He told her all about the racetrack, and then they talked Power Rangers. She said he's going to be the black one and she's going to be the pink one. It's very possible that she chose pink with a little "guidance." I've been informed that my only choices are pink and yellow... the girl colors. Duh.

When we got home, Jacob looked at his tooth in the mirror (it's one of his back molars). "It looks like gold!" He was pretty impressed. I was a little concerned about how to handle this. I don't want him to be ashamed of his tooth at all, but I also don't want him to try for more! A lady at Jacob's karate class handled it perfectly... "That is a great new tooth! You'll have to brush it a lot to keep it shiny."

Perfect.

---------------------------------

In other news, Benjamin is sick once again. He has a sinus infection, mild ear infections, and some other random virus (no, not the Swine flu... calm down, Dad!). My mom is here to save the day, though. She drove here yesterday afternoon and is at home tending to Baby B and all of his virus fussiness.

We know Benjamin's sick when he won't smile and doesn't want to eat. We see the ENT on Friday, and I will be very surprised if ear tubes are not in Benjamin's near future.

No comments: