Welcome!

Please comment (it makes me feel cool) on blogs or photos, or just say hello! I really like comments -- it's the only way I know someone's reading this!

You can subscribe on the left to have emails sent to you when new posts are added.

Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Happy Birthday, Benjamin!

Benjamin is one. Wow. This year has gone by so quickly. I'm going to wake up one morning and feel like it's only been a few days from now, but he'll be driving or heading off to college. Life is rapidly picking up speed.

I sang "Happy Birthday" to Benjamin this morning as I changed his diaper. He listened, but wasn't especially impressed.

Jacob got up early to play in his toy room before going to school. Benjamin stood at the gate and watched as Jacob sang "Happy Birthday" to him. This time he was impressed. :)

After school we went to Jacob's karate class and then picked up pizza on the way home. Here's Benjamin enjoying his birthday dinner. Mmmm... pizza.
Jacob fully approved of the meal, even if we didn't have breadsticks.
Aunt Sarah joined us and brought a super cool elephant gift box (she brought presents, too!).
Benjamin thought the box was pretty funny.
A soft bear! A Benjamin Bear, as Sarah said.

We sang "Happy Birthday" to Benjamin together. He had this expression on his face the entire time:
Eating delicious cake!
Getting a little more into it.
Reaching out to Aunt Sarah.
Once again, I couldn't decide which one I like better, so here's another version:
Offering Mom some cake.





Yay, cake!
The cake carcass.
Benjamin's new bear needed a name. Jacob suggested Aldrian, which is the name he chose for Benjamin before he was born. Meet Aldrian. :)

Good times between brothers.




1 comment:

georange bob said...

I see a cabbage key pirate t-shirt on my Jake. I love the pure happiness on Ben's face with the bear.