Me: We're going to see if Dan and Tara want to have dinner with us.
Jake: Is Tara a girl? (It's been a while since we've seen them, so Jacob needed a refresher on who they are.)
Me: Yes.
Jake: And Dan is a boy?
Me: Yes.
Jake: Do they have kids?
Me: No, not yet.
Jake: Is there a baby in Tara's tummy? (He asks this about all women.)
Me: No.
Jake: Why not?
Me: They're not ready for babies yet.
Jake: How does the baby get in her tummy?
Me: (stalling) Um...
Greg: That's something for when you're a little bit bigger.
Jake: (not missing a beat) And when I'm bigger, I can use pencils!
Greg: Yes, and then when you're a little bigger than that, you can use pens.
Jake: And when I'm even bigger than that, I can use markers!
Markers are pretty special.
Jacob: This is awesome. I like this way. Dad, you're an awesome driver. When I'm big, we'll have to share this car. But maybe I'll get my own car. If I do, I'll drive right behind you. I'll go as fast as you. Or maybe I'll get a race car. I'll drive it fast, as fast as I can. But I won't race when the track is icy. Is "track" the same as "racetrack"? Sometimes I say "'track" for "racetrack."
Welcome!
Please comment (it makes me feel cool) on blogs or photos, or just say hello! I really like comments -- it's the only way I know someone's reading this!
You can subscribe on the left to have emails sent to you when new posts are added.
Thanks for stopping by!
You can subscribe on the left to have emails sent to you when new posts are added.
Thanks for stopping by!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment