Welcome!

Please comment (it makes me feel cool) on blogs or photos, or just say hello! I really like comments -- it's the only way I know someone's reading this!

You can subscribe on the left to have emails sent to you when new posts are added.

Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, March 6, 2011

A Six-Year-Old Texting

I decided it's probably best to let Jacob become more familiar with our cell phones. We don't have a landline, so if he ever needed to make a call, it would need to be from a cell phone. Unlocking the keys can be tricky. So, I'm going to start giving him regular time to practice making phone calls (which will help him memorize numbers) and letting him send texts to relatives.

I basically handed him the phone and let him go for it. No prompting or suggestions from his mom.

Text #1 with Aunt Sarah:
Jake: Hi auntsarah its jacob I want you to know that its going to be my half birthday! Just to let you know! Okay
Sarah: Hi Jakey! You're growing up too fast! Quit it! Just kidding. Happy "almost half birthday!"
Jake: Oh thank you! I really like that! Thankyou auntsarah!
Sarah: You, my little nephew, are adorable.

(Halfway through he asked about exclamation points and capitalization.)

Text #2 to George Bob:
Jake: Oh hi Georngebob sorry you have to leave tomorrow but have a good trip back home tomorrow! I had a lot of fun with you i will miss you wen you leave i will miss you and auntieanne so much i wished you had never left caus i love you

He is such a sweet boy.

1 comment:

Aunt Sarah said...

I love that boy!