Welcome!

Please comment (it makes me feel cool) on blogs or photos, or just say hello! I really like comments -- it's the only way I know someone's reading this!

You can subscribe on the left to have emails sent to you when new posts are added.

Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Do you concur?

Hi, I'm Greg. I'm a long-time reader, first-time contributor. So anyway, my story from today:

Katy and I had something to do this evening, so my brother was going to watch the boys for a couple of hours. Because I didn't want my brother to have to worry about feeding them, I was running through the McDonald's drive-thru after picking them up from school. Benjamin never wants to eat in the car. He always says, "Are we parking?" If the answer is "no," he gets a little fussy. Today's conversation went something like this:

Benjamin: Are we parking?
Greg: Not today. We have to get home, so we will be eating in the car.
Benjamin: [whining] I want to park. I don't want to eat in the car!
Greg: Would you rather we not go to McDonald's at all today?
Benjamin: ....
Greg: Ben? Do you want to drive through, or should we just go home?
Benjamin: .....
Greg: Should we drive through?
Benjamin: Yes.
Jacob: I'm glad he said yes, because if he said no, I would not concur, because he would make me not get McDonald's either.
Greg: [Internal monologue] Did he just say "concur"? Yes, he did, and he used it correctly. hmm...weird. Where did he hear that? Who knows. Whatever. You shouldn't be so surprised; he does this all the time. Also, did he really think I would let Benjamin decide whether we got to eat dinner or not?

Jacob DOES do that kind of thing all the time. Yet I'm still surprised every time, and I wonder what may be coming next. Whatever it is, it will be something amazing.

1 comment:

geornge bob said...

I concur that he is pretty amazing.