Jacob: Daddy washed all of those dishes.
Me: No, I did some of those.
Jacob: Well, I thought Daddy did most of those.
Me: Well, Daddy might have done a few, but Mommy did most of these.
Jacob: You're talking in the third language.
Hee hee.
And he just corrected it to: My friend, who's not really a friend, Malachi, talks in the third person language.
What kind of 6-year-old talks about third person?
This was followed with a conversation about slavery ("If the big fight about slavery hadn't happened, would my friends still be slaves?" and talking about how no one can "own" a person. Then multiplication (specifically, 13x19 and 14x19). He has an incredibly active mind!
Just to balance things out, after dinner, he came in and said (to my friend), "Aunt Sarah? I have something to show you." We waited, expecting something brilliant. He stuck his hand in his shirt, under his armpit, and made a farting noise. Moments like this reassure me that he's still a six-year-old boy. :)
Welcome!
Please comment (it makes me feel cool) on blogs or photos, or just say hello! I really like comments -- it's the only way I know someone's reading this!
You can subscribe on the left to have emails sent to you when new posts are added.
Thanks for stopping by!
You can subscribe on the left to have emails sent to you when new posts are added.
Thanks for stopping by!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment