Welcome!

Please comment (it makes me feel cool) on blogs or photos, or just say hello! I really like comments -- it's the only way I know someone's reading this!

You can subscribe on the left to have emails sent to you when new posts are added.

Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A Long, Lazy Post

(This post is lazy because I didn't feel like taking the time to make sure all of the photos I posted were in focus... I also didn't feel like doing multiple posts that only contained one topic in each. Oh, and they're in random order.)

Last Saturday, we had a Rock Band party. I guess party isn't really the right word for it, since it basically ended up being a family night. A very, very enjoyable family night, but not really a Rock Band night. Jacob got to have his hair spiked and colored, which he loves. He got to play with Grace and Celeste, which was a big plus for him!
His colorful 'do.
Striking a pose and looking cool. He picked his outfit out by himself.
On Saturday morning, we got to see Santa! Jacob told him he wants a black Power Ranger and a white Power Ranger. Ben enjoyed playing with Santa's beard.
On a related note, Jacob wanted to buy Papa a toy for Christmas. I told him we have to make sure we're buying things that people want, not what we want for ourselves. I asked, "Do you think Papa plays with toys?" He paused and then said, "Well, not all of the time. I think he does after I go to sleep." :) Sooo cute.
We were in the store on Friday, and Jacob said (in a loud whisper), "Mom! There are fire fighters behind us!" I turned around, and he was right. I told him he could say hello. He turned around and said a shy, "Hi" and waved. One of the men said, "I have a badge for you" and gave him this plastic fire department badge. :) We saw them again in the checkout line and watched as they left the store. I had to hold him up so he could watch them the entire time. It was definitely the highlight of his day! And how cool is it that the guy carries badges for kids with him???
Benjamin and Jacob goofing around in our bed.


Greg reading the snowman book to Jacob (more details to come a couple of photos down).
Benjamin smiling (as usual).
Jacob posing in front of the tree. I don't have a cool enough camera (or enough skill/know-how) to take a photo that is both in focus and shows the prettiness of the Christmas lights.
My Aunt Karen and Uncle John sent the coolest stocking advent calendar ever! Jacob is having a great time with it. He loves seeing what's inside each stocking and then hangs the stocking on the Christmas tree.
About a week ago, Greg went in to wake Jacob up. Jacob said, "Where's the surprise from Patty?" Greg said, "Which Patty?" Jacob said, "Patty from mom's work!" Greg asked what he was talking about. Jacob said, "I thought Patty had a surprise for us." Greg said, "I think you were dreaming, buddy."
Not thinking, I told Patty about Jacob's dream because I thought it was cute, and then thought nothing of it. The next day, I had a snowman plate on my desk with snowman cookies, a gift bag with a snowman book and a stuffed snowman. Wow. Jacob was sooooo excited.
Let's see... what else? Benjamin isn't crawling yet, but he can do an army crawl and he's rolling everywhere. This means that he is trying to get into EVERYTHING. He loves cords and the Christmas tree. He wants to touch anything that isn't baby-appropriate.
Benjamin is starting to eat more foods now. He had peaches for his first time this morning, and loved them. I couldn't spoon them up fast enough! He ate an entire size 2 container, which is a big deal -- he normally only eats about half of a size 1. He says a lot of "Ooo" and likes to growl at people. He's become very interested in the cat, too.
Jacob is trying to read. He can spell a handful of words and can write a few as well. He's really into airplanes and helicopters right now. He still plays with trains, but not nearly as much as he did a year ago.
We're getting excited about Christmas! I'm going to have Jacob help me start making some Christmas cookie dough next weekend.

No comments: