Life has been very busy for the last few months. I've been working on a long proofreading job and it has taken a lot of my time (in addition to just normal mom duties, house stuff, my job, and preparations for Christmas). My proofreading work comes by FedEx.
Obviously, I do the proofreading to bring in extra income, which helps with paying bills and fun things for the kids (and our excessive eating out habit). I do this for my family. Evenings have been rushed -- get home from work, make dinner (okay, that only happens some nights), clean up dinner (um, sometimes), and then proofread.
Last Monday night, I went to Jacob's room to say good night. He said, "Mom, I didn't see you much today." I said, "I know, and that wasn't very good, was it?" Jacob said, "No. I just wanted to talk to you." Ouch.... that hurt.
I asked Jacob if he'd want to stay home with me on Wednesday, my day off for the week. He said, "Do you have to work?" I said, "Nope, I'll be home that day." Jacob said, "No, I mean, will you have FedEx work?" I said no, and that we could do fun things all day. His face lit up and he said, "When's Wednesday?" :)
We had a good day. We did some Christmas shopping and went to the mall so he could play in the play area. We then met Greg for dinner at Ruby Tuesday and had a nice evening at home.
I'm all done with my proofreading. I'm not doing any more until after New Year's at least. After tomorrow, I can spend the rest of the month (and year!) just being a mom. :)
I'm so grateful for a four-day work week and for vacation days and holidays. :)
Welcome!
Please comment (it makes me feel cool) on blogs or photos, or just say hello! I really like comments -- it's the only way I know someone's reading this!
You can subscribe on the left to have emails sent to you when new posts are added.
Thanks for stopping by!
You can subscribe on the left to have emails sent to you when new posts are added.
Thanks for stopping by!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment