Welcome!

Please comment (it makes me feel cool) on blogs or photos, or just say hello! I really like comments -- it's the only way I know someone's reading this!

You can subscribe on the left to have emails sent to you when new posts are added.

Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Jacob's Girl from the Cheesecake Factory


Jacob met a girl today. We were at the Cheesecake Factory and she had been smiling at him from the time we sat down. He finally said, "I want to go show her my shirt." So, he went over there and she kept hiding her face. She said, in a very not-shy tone, "I'm shy!" Jacob went back to his seat. She started smiling at him again. He went over again to show her his shoes. Apparently, that did the trick. After the shoes, they were talking together non-stop. We were outside, and it wasn't crowded, so they were able to play a little. They were demonstrating jumps to each other. Jacob told her he could do a split jump. She said it was a straddle jump. Then she said, "I'm in gymnastics. I know." And then she pointed to herself. It was cute. I think Jacob was impressed.

They did a little bit of racing (until their moms stopped them). They played a game where one had to catch the other. The little girl killed a bug with her sparkly sandal and showed Jacob. The conversation was pretty entertaining.

I was in the bathroom changing Benjamin's blow-out diaper, but while I was gone, George Bob overheard her ask for Jacob's phone number so she could invite him to her birthday party. He told her he didn't know.

When the little girl's family was ready to leave, Jacob and the girl exchanged pretty long goodbyes. She yelled, "Bye!!!" from pretty far across the parking lot as well. :)

Jacob wanted to know our phone number afterwards. He'll be prepared the next time a girl asks.

No comments: