Welcome!

Please comment (it makes me feel cool) on blogs or photos, or just say hello! I really like comments -- it's the only way I know someone's reading this!

You can subscribe on the left to have emails sent to you when new posts are added.

Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Fun at the State Fair, Which is Different From the "Counting" Fair


We went to the State Fair tonight with Jacob's Uncle Steve, Aunt Jeanne, Aunt Sarah, Brianna, and William. (Thanks for the free tickets, Steve and Jeanne!)

Jacob had a great time. We started out watching a parade full of tractors and random things (like the top snow plowers of the state). Jacob liked waving to everyone.

I gave him a peanut butter and jelly sandwich before we left, but that was around 5 this evening. We feasted on a pile of "chips" covered with Ranch dressing, a little bit of funnel cake, an elephant ear, a cup of ice cream, and an ear of corn. With all of that, it seemed like a lot. On the way home, around 9:30 PM, Jacob said, "I didn't have any dinner!" And I said, "Of course you did. You had... corn." So, score for us! Parents of the Year, ha ha. He didn't want any "real" food when we got home, though, and just had some grapes and yogurt bites before going to bed.

So, Jacob and Brianna had a great time running around and seeing horses, sheep, and pigs (stinky!!!).

Benjamin was pretty content for most of it, but ended up having a blow out diaper explosion. Lucky for me, I was in line for the chips at that point. Greg, Sarah, and Jeanne all worked together to clean up the mess. I am queen of timing.

No comments: