Welcome!

Please comment (it makes me feel cool) on blogs or photos, or just say hello! I really like comments -- it's the only way I know someone's reading this!

You can subscribe on the left to have emails sent to you when new posts are added.

Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Reverse Psychology and Jacob

Lately Jacob has been, to put it lightly, challenging. We have resorted to taking away privileges and/or toys to get through to him. Today Jacob refused to pick up his toys. I told him I would take them away if he didn't. He said that was fine because he didn't want them. He said he'd play with his "runny truck" instead. I said if he didn't clean up the toys that were already out, I'd have to take away the runny truck. He said, "That's good. I don't want to play with it."

Yep. What am I supposed to do now?

So, I took the toys away. He will notice at some point, and hopefully, he will care.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katy,

I love scrolling through and seeing pix and reading a few of the entries. Cool!!!

Our love to you, Greg, Jacob and Benjamin,
John

Unknown said...

Kate,

You are my hero. I can only strive to be like you, knowing that I never will...too many excuses.

This is the coolest site ever, kudos to you.

Maybe you can teach me how to survive with out sleep. That would be the only way for me to accomplish something like this.

Shell

Miney said...

Michelle -- you are way too funny! You'll probably find yourself working on a few projects during your maternity leave! :)

Aunt Karen said...

Hi Katy,
How very, very wonderful to open my email and find this amazing site! THank you, thank you!
I remember when Calvin said that he didn't care--it is just the beginning. That's what you get when you have super smart kids. You should know, you are one.
Big loves to all, Aunt Karen