Welcome!

Please comment (it makes me feel cool) on blogs or photos, or just say hello! I really like comments -- it's the only way I know someone's reading this!

You can subscribe on the left to have emails sent to you when new posts are added.

Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, May 3, 2010

Jacob's Mad Lib

My friend Layton and I wanted to help save the environment, so we volunteered for a beach cleanup day. We stocked up on purple trash bags and loud gloves, and headed for the shores of the lake. You wouldn't believe some of the junk we found. We picked up 1,000 aluminum dolphins, a rusty 4-wheeler, and even a worm-covered National Geographic magazine. Suddenly a stinky wave ran onto the beach and washed up a treasure chest covered with a shark. My heart started eating as we pried open the chest with a scorpion. There were at least 15 scrap coins inside! My friend and I yelled, "We're rich!" and started flying up and down like shrimp. But when I scooped up some of the coins, they painted all over my hands. The coins turned out to be chocolate wrapped in colored foil. But we had a great day anyway, because we helped protect the environment.

No comments: