It had been several months since we had last seen the S Family. Jacob talked all week about being home by the 11th, so he could see his "new friend Ryan." He was VERY excited. Here's Jacob on the way:
Benjamin didn't remember Addyson, but was excited on the way, too. Maybe Jacob's excitement was just contagious.
We spent a good chunk of time in the car driving to meet them. Benjamin's excitement didn't last the entire trip. Jacob took a few photos to entertain himself. Here's one he took of Benjamin.
And one of me. I was told to make a silly face. Initially I did an excited face, with my eyebrows raised and my mouth wide open. Jacob didn't like that, and told me to do this:
Jacob and his "new friend Ryan" had their own table at Chili's. Ryan is an 8-year-old version of Jacob. His mom had to tell him not to discuss terrorist attacks with a 4-year-old. Ryan was a little thrown off and then not sure what he could talk about... I mean, if you can't talk about terrorist attacks, what else can you talk about??? (Background info: At 7, Ryan told me about how he had to earn money for toys and actually said, "By my calculations, it will take about 1 and a half months to earn _____." Really. He also dressed for Halloween as JFK.)
Benjamin took a few moments to check out Addyson. She passed the test. He soon started stealing her cereal puffs.
We then went to their house and had a fabulous time talking. The kids had a great time playing. The only down point was, after much discussion about their finished basement and how the upstairs was completely fine for anything the kids might do to it but the basement carpet and tile were special and how Chris wanted to keep those nice.... I managed to spill my drink ALL OVER IT. I was only down there for 3 minutes. How did I do this? Why did I even take my drink down there? Because that's just what I do.
They were, of course/as usual, completely wonderful about it and said it wasn't a big deal at all. I still felt pretty bad/stupid.
1 comment:
Spilling is what I do best so you must take after your momma!
Post a Comment