Welcome!

Please comment (it makes me feel cool) on blogs or photos, or just say hello! I really like comments -- it's the only way I know someone's reading this!

You can subscribe on the left to have emails sent to you when new posts are added.

Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

June 23, 2009: An email from Greg

The kids were fine on the way today. Jacob wanted a cereal cup just before
we left, and he was upset, even though when he got up at 6:00, he declined
because he wanted to watch TV. So we discussed how he made the choice, but
he still wasn't happy. Then, later in the trip we had the following
conversation. I didn’t have a menu in the car, so we didn’t know what was
for breakfast:

Jacob: I hope it isn't eggs and toast today.
Me: Why?
Jacob: Because I like ketchup on my eggs; and if I say no, then I
can't get any.
Me: If you say you don't want any, you can't get
any?
Jacob: No
Me: Well, if they ask, say that you DO want some.
Jacob: But if I say no, then I can't get any later.
Me: Don't you always want ketchup on your eggs?
Jacob: Yes
Me: Then, when they ask if you want ketchup, say yes!

As it turned out, it was oatmeal day.

No comments: