Welcome!

Please comment (it makes me feel cool) on blogs or photos, or just say hello! I really like comments -- it's the only way I know someone's reading this!

You can subscribe on the left to have emails sent to you when new posts are added.

Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, November 4, 2004

A Tired Mom

(From my journal to Jacob)

You are so big! Last Wednesday, you weighed 10 pounds, 2.9 ounces after a feeding. This past Wednesday, you weighed 10 pounds, 12.4 ounces! Before a feeding! You are smiling more and you chuckle as you fall asleep sometimes. You can lift your whole upper body with your arms. Dad had you sort of standing last night. He had you standing with some help from his legs, but you could hold your entire body straight!

You've been fighting during feedings. You grunt and thrash your head around. You always fight to stay awake and leave your left eye slit open. You make lots of funny squeaky noises. You smile in the morning at things like the window and headboard. You're still sleeping in the co-sleeper, but I think I'm going to start you in the bassinet again tonight.

You like kisses near your ear and on your mouth. You always get comments about how alert you are, how big your eyes are, and how much hair you have, even though you've lost quite a bit since you were born.

I think just recently you've decided to become a night owl again. The last two weeks were good, but the last two nights have been bad again.

Today your Aunt Rosie came with us to my doctor appointment. She held you and you were so good! We visited Dad after work, and then Aunt Rosie gave you your first bottle in probably five or so weeks. Then we all met Uncle Theo at the Olive Garden. You snuggled the whole time with me and then Aunt Rosie. She is so crazy about you and Brianna! Aunt Rosie just goes on and on about how beautiful/funny/sweet you are (all true).

Your Grandma B. was showing off pictures of you to your Great Aunt Karen's Friday group today.

I love you tons and tons and tons! I am so tired, but so very happy to have you. I can't believe how big you are. I can't believe it's been over 6 weeks!

No comments: