Welcome!

Please comment (it makes me feel cool) on blogs or photos, or just say hello! I really like comments -- it's the only way I know someone's reading this!

You can subscribe on the left to have emails sent to you when new posts are added.

Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Catching Up

Most of the posts lately have just been photos... I've been pretty bad about writing down the funny things from day to day life. So, here's a big list. It's not in any particular order.

* Jacob's second soccer practice was very different from the first. I arrived about 20 minutes into practice and saw Jacob gesturing, arms up in the air, and saying, "Come on! Go around those people! Get the ball in the goal! Come on!" and all sorts of statements like that. I was shocked. Where did my sweet boy go? I turned to Greg and said, "Well have to talk to him about that." He said, "Talk to him about what?" I said, "He's being mean." Greg said, "That's called being aggressive. It's a sport. It's a good thing. Don't take that away from him." The other kids didn't seem to mind, so I had to remind myself that I have never played a sport. Greg played sports all through school. He's going to make the calls on sports-related behavior.

* We've been talking about moving Benjamin completely to a big boy bed. He spends some nights in it (with blankets rolled up on the edges) and some nights in his crib. We need to have something to block Benjamin from climbing up the ladder to the top bunk bed. Last night Jacob started planning it out with Greg, saying things like, "Well, would add a hook here and it would attach over here and then we'll have something here..." I'm sure he was actually picturing it in his head. Knowing Jacob, it would probably work!

* The other night at dinner, Greg burped.
Benjamin: You fahrted?
Greg: No, I burped.
Benjamin: You fahrted.
Greg: No, it was a burp.
Benjamin: You fahrted in yo' mowf?
Greg: No, it was a burp.
Benjamin: (Looking skeptical, he said it again, enunciating carefully.)
Greg: No. It was a burp. In my mouth.
Benjamin: You fahrted in you' mowf. (Decisively)

No comments: