Welcome!

Please comment (it makes me feel cool) on blogs or photos, or just say hello! I really like comments -- it's the only way I know someone's reading this!

You can subscribe on the left to have emails sent to you when new posts are added.

Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, September 7, 2009

End of Summer Bash

It's hard to plan food for a party when your guest list total ranges from 20 to 45 people... We had a gathering on Saturday, and it was a good time, but there is a LOT of extra food left over. (I have a big fear of running out of food to serve guests...)

There were kids running all over place. The adults sat around outside and in the house. Jacob and Brianna spent some time playing Nintendo. We had to remind Jacob to give Brianna turns because he'd sometimes skip her turn. He was getting frustrated because she didn't know how to play (he's not very big on patience).
I love this one. They're hamming it up for the camera. I love that Jacob looks completely happy -- no thoughts going on here, just laughing with his cousin.

Keaton and William spent a lot of the time hitting soccer balls with various instruments outside.
Chloe did a very convincing broken bone pose.
Steve and Daniel playing corn hole.
Beautiful Lily who lives next door.

The indoor scene.
Darryl (a friend from Greg's work), Greg, and Maggie (my college roommate).

We have a lot of leftover food. I think I'm sending it in to Greg's work and my work tomorrow.

***************************

We had originally planned to go to a Blueberry Festival yesterday, but it was rainy and didn't seem like the best idea. It's been a pretty lazy Sunday and Monday, which has been very nice. Benjamin is talking up a storm (mostly unintelligible). He woke up this morning yelling for Jacob. Benjamin is still impatient when it comes to food. He'll walk into the kitchen when I'm cooking dinner and point to the food, grunt, and then hit his chest with both hands. He also has insanely accurate aim when throwing things like his pacifiers. He's kind of a stinker that way.

We also had a surprise visit from Auntie Anne. She called Friday night and drove in on Saturday. Jacob and Benjamin had a GREAT time playing with her. She was also super helpful cleaning up after the party. I should have tried to get some photos of her with the kids. She'll be back in a couple of weeks, though, so we'll try again then.

1 comment:

geornge bob said...

I had so much fun hanging out this weekend! I just missed you guys, so I had to come up :) See you in a few weeks!!
-Auntie Anne