Welcome!

Please comment (it makes me feel cool) on blogs or photos, or just say hello! I really like comments -- it's the only way I know someone's reading this!

You can subscribe on the left to have emails sent to you when new posts are added.

Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Jacobisms

Last Sunday, Jacob and his cousins were outside playing. A plane flew over, making a lot of noise. The other kids were all exclaiming things like, "Look! It's a HUGE plane!" "Yeah, look at the HUGE plane! It's so big!"

Jacob couldn't let his cousins be so completely wrong. "It's not big! It's just flying low."

I flashed back to when Jacob was two and outside with Brianna. A plane was flying above. Brianna said, "I hear a motorcycle!" Jacob said (in a very matter-of-fact way), "No, it's not a motorcycle. It's an airplane." (I also thought about when Keaton said something about a dragon, and Jacob corrected him, saying, "No, that's not a dragon. It's a dinosaur.")

--------------------------------------------

Me: Jake, just finish your dinner.

Jacob: My stomach is totally distended. I won't eat any more.

No comments: