Welcome!

Please comment (it makes me feel cool) on blogs or photos, or just say hello! I really like comments -- it's the only way I know someone's reading this!

You can subscribe on the left to have emails sent to you when new posts are added.

Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, April 27, 2009

Jacobisms - God, Pirates, Bad Guys, and Girls

Jacob: If something is real, then we can see it. Right?

Greg: Right.

Jacob: So if we can't see it, then it's not real.

Greg: Sure.

Jacob: God and Jesus are real, and we can't see them.

Do you like how Jacob set him up for that?

----------------------------------

Jacob must have heard something about the recent pirate events and asked Greg about the pirates and the captain. Greg told him that pirates held the captain of the ship hostage and that the Navy had to come in and rescue him. (At this point, I was saying, "Did you tell him they KILLED them?!?!?") He did. Jacob paused and thought about it for a while. Then he said, "Well, did they ask them to be nice first?" Greg said they did, but the pirates wouldn't be nice. Jacob said, "Oh, okay." It's nice when everything is black and white when you're a child...

----------------------------------

Jacob: If a bad guy came into the house, then I would show him how strong I am.

Me: Um, no. You would be hiding. I would take care of the bad guy.

Jacob: Why?

Me: Well, that's my job. Your job would be to hide.

Jacob: But if he didn't go away, then I would show him how strong I am.

Me: No, you would hide and be very, very quiet.

Jacob: What about Benjamin?

Me: He would be with you. You would both hide and be very quiet.

Jacob: What about Dad? (no pause) I think he would be hiding with us.

Yep, that's me. I'm the brave one in the family! I'll conquer the bad guys all by myself. I'm glad to know my son thinks I'm strong/brave enough to do it! :)

----------------------------------

Last weekend, Jacob told me that girls say, "Oh no" in a high voice, and demonstrated. I laughed and said, "That's how girls sound?" He said, "Yep." I said, "How do boys sound?" He said "Oh no" in a low voice. (Hee hee!) I asked again, "Boys sound like that?" Jacob said, "Yes, unless they're scared. Then they say, 'Oh no!' like girls."

1 comment:

Heidi Stone said...

I don't think Greg was thinking through that one at all. Lol.

What about wind, germs, etc.? There are LOTS of things we can't see that are real!


coutious