Welcome!

Please comment (it makes me feel cool) on blogs or photos, or just say hello! I really like comments -- it's the only way I know someone's reading this!

You can subscribe on the left to have emails sent to you when new posts are added.

Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I'd Be Eliminated from America's Top Chef

On Friday night, I made sausage links and scrambled eggs with onion, bacon, and Swiss cheese. Jacob loved it. Throughout the dinner, he kept saying things like, "Wow, this is really good!" "Great job with dinner, Mom!" "This tastes soooo yummy!" "I hope we have this dinner again!" "You are such a good cook!" "Thank you so much for making such a good dinner, Mom!"

He was just piling on the compliments.

On Saturday night, Grandma Mimi came over to babysit. I asked what Jacob wanted to have for dinner. His answer? "The same dinner as last night!" So... I made the same thing, casserole-style.

On Sunday night, I made a pasta bake with homemade spaghetti sauce with ground sausage and cheese. Jacob doesn't like red sauces, so I made a special white sauce for him with melted cheese. It was pretty tasty! Bowtie pasta, diced ham, broccoli bits, and a cheesy white sauce. Yum!

Jacob: Mom, you did a really BAD job with dinner tonight!

Me: Jake, you can't say things like that. If someone cooks for you, you can't say that. It could really hurt someone's feelings.

Jacob: But it just tastes so bad!

Me: You have to eat it. It's just part of being a kid. You eat what your mom cooks for you.

Jacob: But it doesn't taste good at all! It's really bad! It just tastes so bad!

(I think I might have gotten this reaction with anything other than scrambled eggs and sausage.)

1 comment:

Heidi Stone said...

oh my gosh, that's hilarious!