According to various baby sites, Benjamin should be saying, "mama" and "dada" now... even if he doesn't actually use it for a specific parent. He hasn't said, "mama" or "dada" yet. He barely does any repetitive babbling. Most of his babbling is just random sounds and noises.
About a week ago, Jacob told Benjamin to say, "Water." He did. Or at least, we think he did, but that sounds crazy, doesn't it? Water? Really? If I had been in the kitchen alone, I would have assumed I was just hearing things. I said to Greg, "I know it's weird, but it really sounded like he said, 'water.'" Greg said, "I thought that, too." So, did he?
Yesterday I was changing his diaper and I kept saying, "Ew, poopy! Poopy diaper. Poopy, poopy, poopy!" He said, "Oopy."
A few weeks ago, Greg and I both thought he was trying to say, "Jakey."
Weird.
Today he actually repeated, "Dah-die" when I was saying, "Daddy" over and over again. So maybe he's going to skip the "mama" and "dada" phase and just go straight for the fun words like "water" and "poopy."
Welcome!
Please comment (it makes me feel cool) on blogs or photos, or just say hello! I really like comments -- it's the only way I know someone's reading this!
You can subscribe on the left to have emails sent to you when new posts are added.
Thanks for stopping by!
You can subscribe on the left to have emails sent to you when new posts are added.
Thanks for stopping by!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
And on top of that he growls!
Post a Comment