Welcome!

Please comment (it makes me feel cool) on blogs or photos, or just say hello! I really like comments -- it's the only way I know someone's reading this!

You can subscribe on the left to have emails sent to you when new posts are added.

Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Beauty of Having Children

I have never really liked my jawline much. There are days when I don't like much about my appearance at all. But... Jacob and Benjamin both have my jawline. They both look so much like Greg, but there's still a good amount of me in them. I see a nose that has always seemed strange in the mirror, but when I see it on my kids, it's pretty cute! How could I not love something that's a part of those precious faces?

I never imagined that seeing parts of myself in my boys' faces would make me accept myself more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The beautiful boys look like their beautiful mommy.

Heidi Stone said...

today's tip for liking yourself better:

rid your home of all mirrors. absolutely avoid them at all costs when going out of the house. if someone makes a comment about how you have mascara on your eyelid or lipstick on your cheek, just smile and tell them, "thanks, but i feel great about myself today!"