Welcome!

Please comment (it makes me feel cool) on blogs or photos, or just say hello! I really like comments -- it's the only way I know someone's reading this!

You can subscribe on the left to have emails sent to you when new posts are added.

Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, January 28, 2005

Chatty Jacob

(From my journal to Jacob)

Your dad and I love making you laugh. You are so fun! Yesterday you said "mama" but I know it doesn't count since you don't know what it means.

Today you've been napping a lot! We went to a mommies group today at Beth and Leah's house. You smiled at a lot of people. Strangers always comment on how cute you are, how big your eyes are, and how much you smile. You are quite a little ham. It's so fun.

Your cousin Keaton will probably be born tonight or tomorrow. Heidi is being induced tonight. Her amniotic fluid is running low. No surprise -- she was due January 16th! Hospitals aren't very welcoming to older babies, so it will be a few days before you get to meet your new cousin. You are going to look so huge in comparison!

You have been very talkative around 10:30 at night lately. You don't usually want to go to sleep for the night until 11 or so, and you still get up every 2 hours. You are finally becoming a better napper, though.

I cut my hair to shoulder length on the 22nd, and I was worried that you would miss my hair, but you still smile when I brush it. Maybe not as much.

You are so, so beautiful. I took naked pictures of you this week. I think it was on Wednesday.

Your dad has been working 12 hours a day and 6 days a week, so he treasures his time with you when he gets home. You just talk and talk to him. :) We love you!

Oh, I've never noted that for a few weeks, you would say, "Ning nang" when you were mad. It was so hilarious!

Your Aunt Jemima (Sarah) visited last weekend. She bought you a trucker hat and matching brown shirt from Old Navy, and a gray IU soccer shirt. You showed her your true feelings about the car by screaming your head off wherever we went.

Your Grandma and Grandma B. are coming tomorrow, and your Uncle Ben and my cousin Peter and his wife Torie, and their baby Emerson are coming on Sunday. I'm not sure what the name for what Emerson is to you is (weird sentence -- sorry!), but she's about a month younger than you. They visited while you were both still in our tummies. It'll be fun to watch the two of you meet.

No comments: