Welcome!

Please comment (it makes me feel cool) on blogs or photos, or just say hello! I really like comments -- it's the only way I know someone's reading this!

You can subscribe on the left to have emails sent to you when new posts are added.

Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, January 29, 2011

January Words

I haven't been the best about blogging the funny moments with the kids lately. Here's a recap of some of the January highlights...
*****************************
We were reminiscing about the first time Jacob went to stay with my parents. He was a little over two. I
Me: Daddy and I thought it was kind of fun the first night, but then after that, it just felt weird. It was way too quiet around the house.
Greg: We really missed you.
Jacob: Did you miss the sound of my laughter? (Who talks like this?!?!?)
Me: (laughing a little) No, we missed the twinkle in your eye.
Jacob: Well, sometimes people talk like that in books.
*****************************
On a particularly cloudy day, Benjamin looked up and said, "Oh, is the sky closed today?"
*****************************
Sarah: You're so stinkin' cute!
Benjamin: I not stinkin' cute!
Sarah: You're so smell good cute?
Benjamin: I not smell good cute! I stinkin' cool!
*****************************
Nana and a bunch of other family members were over the week after the Colts lost in the playoffs for our Colts party (my sister's brilliant idea - she follows sports the same way I do).
Nana (to Jacob and Brianna): So, what's new with the two of you?
Jacob: Well, the interesting thing about Brianna is that she lost a tooth.
*****************************
Greg took the kids shopping for my birthday. I'd asked for a few things, including a K-cup coffee maker (the one for people who are really bad at making coffee). I assumed Benjamin didn't know what they were going to buy.
Me (as they were leaving): So, what are you buying me for my birthday?
Benjamin: A coffee maker!

My mom and sister visited for my birthday. Benjamin had already unwrapped the presents from my mom in her room. She re-wrapped them, but Benjamin remembered what was in them. As he handed me each present, he told me what it was.
Benjamin: Here, Mom! It's a movie! Here, Mom! It's a picture frame!
*****************************
Benjamin's very into seeing things. If you're cooking something, you have to show him. If you're using a spice, he has to see into the container and smell it. If you get a piece of gum, he wants you to show him, even if he's seen you do it a million times. The best yet, however, was when he told me he wanted to "see the nothing in that cup."

No comments: